Lately it feels like I'm talking more english than swedish. For example:
- I have english-speaking colleagues and friends.
- Ericsson is global, which means that our case logs are written in english.
- Also when I'm playing onlinegames, I mostly socialize with non-swedish speaking friends.
Sometimes I find myself looking for a swedish word but only remembering the english version. I also tend to use english words here and there, just because it sounds much better that way. Some things are better said in english. For example, how do you say (in swedish) to someone that you are sorry for their loss when someone they care for just died? "Jag beklagar sorgen"... That just pretty much sounds like a careface to me.
I'm not saying that the english language are superior in any way. Ofc, expressing something in english can be so much easier in swedish aswell. It goes both ways. But if I got to choose, i'd prefer english :)
I think the biggest reason is because I "migrated" from Norway to Sweden during college, so I never got to fully learn neither norwegian nor swedish perfect. Nowdays I'm just mixing the two language's grammar together, hoping for the best. ^^
Thats why I from now on am going to type some posts in english, just to see how it feels.
Velferden i Bjerke er i ferd med å strammes inn
9 månader sedan
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar